7.27.2009

a familiar state of mind

one of my favorite things to do is make playlists on my itunes and i wanted to make a playlist for my trip but then i thought...! op, light bulb!!
'no, i'll see what i listen to the most and then make my playlist.'
well! this was a fantastic idea, and i am quite proud of myself.
lets start out with how i discovered this playlist.
it branched from my 'ladies' playlist.
you know...regina, ingrid, bonnie, alannis, imogen heap, donna lewis, jewel, eva cassidy!
well, ingrid and bonnie are the stars of this because pretty much the entire album of *bonnie mckee and *ingrid michaelson made the cut.
then i was getting a little tired of hearing girls whine about their lives or 'stick up for our gender through song' antics, so i switched to the my 'boys' playlist.
~i know i am very clever when it comes to naming my itunes.~
anyway. *fall out boy is pretty popular with me these days, as is *the fray and *the airborne toxic event.

others on the list are; lighting crashes by live, songs from pete yorn, o.a.r, aimee mann, and amy studt, but the ones where you can click to hear a song are the ones played most often...really. my itunes says so.

it is rare to find myself in chicago without my headphones in, my ipod in a way is my escape from the unfamiliar. it is my sanity.


*in order of listings, here are the specific songs, if you would like to listen to them
somebody
overboard
hum hallelujah
she is
sometime around midnight

No comments: