1.13.2009

the start to 2009

so the past three weeks...the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009 has been a little ridiculous.
there has been so much thrown at me, it is a shock i haven't gone awol yet.
i am also not starting my semester well because i am not going to sleep at a decent hour...i am still working on that one.
today in the car however i had an epiphany.
even though there has been one struggle after another the past few weeks, it is okay.
god doesn't give us anything we can't handle, and then it hit me...these are the first struggles of my life that i have not resorted to cutting.
it was so awesome, because all break i was getting so frustrated with the question, "why is all this happening now?"
i mean it has been one thing after another.
-my phone bill was astronomical.
-i dropped my phone in water.
-the people i love around me have been struggling with stuff too.
-my savings account is drastically dropping.
these are just some of the small things, there have been a few really big ones that have been taken care of.
but the past couple weeks have been a little humbling and encouraging.
encouraging because this means i can get through anything without cutting and that is amazing.
it is also encouraging because i finally figured it out...god did this on purpose to prove to me that i can get through all of life's challenges and come out fine in the end.
jesus is pretty cool, but you probably already knew that!

No comments: