12.15.2008

the ups and downs of 2008

it is the night before finals, and i should be studying, but i'm not, instead i am going to reminise about the past year of 2008
i was officially on academic probabtion...awesome(written with sarcasm).
i saw my sister 4 times has much as i usually do, considering she lives in nashville.
i am no longer a teenager, considering i turned 20.
i moved from a house to an apartment.
i broke my finger, first bone i have ever broken and steve was the one who did it.
i got over my addiction to cutting.
my relationship with God hasn't gotten better...not that it isn't bad, it just hasn't progressed.
i made lifelong friends, and got closer to the amazing friends i already had.
sam
alicia
megan
donnie
hannah blick
hannah baker
-just to name a few
i lost probably the most important document on my computer...i am still not over it.
my senior pastor at covenant chapel left, and that was heartbreaking, but i know it was for the best.
found a church in manhattan that i love, the well.
became more comfortable in my own skin.
was with my grandmother when she found out she was getting a transplant...kind of a weird feeling.
didn't get to see some amazing movies.
before the devil knows you're dead
the savages
no country for old men
how to lose friends and alienate people
there will be blood
-just to name a few
am still in the process of learning how to manage money.
was in my first wedding as a bridesmaid.
was judged in a way no one should ever be judged.
went to three amazing concerts in one summer...will probably never happen again.
OAR
the Kooks, Rogue Wave, Death Cab for Cutie
Sigur ros
my dog died.
started this blog.
got my second tatoo.
1 john 4:18-19
-LOVE-
got to do what i love and lead amazing middle schoolers over the summer and whenever i go home.
became way more outgoing.
gave a boy my number.
i still struggle with not feeling important around my friends, or feeling like a burden.

i think those are just the biggies, some more than others, but if i think of anymore i will add them. However, even though all this stuff happened, i haven't changed that much, yeah i became more confident, but the same things happen around the same time of year, life is just one thing after another and then repeat...life is like a shampoo bottle.

what will 2009 bring?

No comments: