6.15.2009

'losing your heart's desire'

don't freak out at the title, it fits on a platonic level.
i have never in my life been in a situation where i have had to question whether my friendships, i mean my true friendships were real.
when i meet someone, i can tell whether i will be good friends with them, or more just acquaintances.
for me, there isn't really an in-between.
when they fall under the acquaintance category, i don't put a whole lot of effort into them....call me a douche, go ahead.
i'll just see them in passing, when we're at a party, or in class. i wouldn't have a deep conversation with them.
i am over this situation that i never thought i would be in, but am sadly finding myself in a world of redundancy.
i can't do it anymore, and isn't it one of those things if we can't see the future of a friendship, what's the point?
i can't just move this to an acquaintance level, it's either 'all or nothing'.
since 'all' isn't working or in a way never going to happen, it has to be 'nothing.'
i fought, i lost, and tragedy prevailed.

“There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.”-george bernard shaw

No comments: