3.25.2009

oh wow

i have these two sister missionairies come to my apartment a lot because they are friends with my roommate, and i really do enjoy them, they are very sweet girls, and i was excited to tell them that i finally found where the mormon church is.
i never knew and then i saw it yesterday and got excited because it had been bothering me that i didn't know, but i came to find something that bothered me even more.
one of the sisters said, that particular church is the singles ward.
wait.
did you catch that?
the singles ward!
first of all the fact that they use the word, 'ward' really? out of the entire english language, why, ward?
there are a few family wards around manhattan, but these two girls are here to share their gospel with college students, and the 'singles ward' is where most of them go.
i couldn't believe it! just typing 'singles ward,' freaks me out.
in my mind i was like, 'what, she did not just say that.'
they have a ward for singles so they can go and 'mingle' yep, that was the word she used.
talk about marrying off the clan...geez, i am still in a little bit of a shock when i shouldn't be.


in other news...brett, i miss you, nine years my friend, nine years. you were taken way to soon

1 comment:

only a lover said...

sometimes i wish they had a single's ward for people like me. hahaha. maybe they should start making those things happen again....and a sign on a door saying,
"These are the Interests of All Who Enter Here: [list list list]"
so you don't go in unless you know what you're looking for is gonna be around...
awesome.