3.22.2009

a comment

an interesting comment was said to me today, and i am not sure how to take it, but i am me, and am probably over thinking it like i always do.
i was leaving church today and a man in my parents bible study said to me, 'did you see brad?'
i thought he was talking about the brad in my parents bible study, not the brad who used to be our associate pastor who left a couple years ago and decided to show up again this sunday (there is a very long and involved story involving this)
i said, 'no, i didn't see him, he probably wouldn't recognize me anyway.'
i didn't talk to this brad that often, i really didn't know him that well.
the man who i was talking to responded with this, 'of course he would, everyone knows you and who are you.'
i don't know if that is a compliment, or if it is just because my name holds a lot of weight at covenant because of who my parents are, or if i am just a cocky arrogant person, that i didn't know i was.
i was slightly taken back.
but again, i am probably over thinking it like usual.

No comments: