11.20.2009

'well she wants to live her life, then she thinks about her life'

lately i have come to realize that i am a very defiant person.
lets take a glance at the definition:
-boldly resisting
-challenging authority

well, i would agree with these definitions, but what i am relating to is, i am pretty defiant to the belief system in which i was raised...so, would that make me a rebel?
i enjoy breaking rules.
i sometimes look for the opportunity.
it isn't that i disagree with how i was raised...i, in no way, shape, or form should complain on this issue...i was raised by two of the best parents to ever walk this earth.
however, there are so many things i was afraid to do growing up because of how specific activities were presented to me...scare tactics or a 'it is just wrong' philosophy,(this mainly came from my culture and environment) that i figured out that trying things that are opposite of what i learned growing up does not make me defiant, it makes me curious...
lets take a glance at the definition:
-a state in which you want to learn about something new
-a desire to know or learn

...it is what i do with that curiosity that can make me defiant.
i was thinking about the past couple weeks and thinking, 'what happened to me?' 'what am i doing?' and i felt guilty for about 2 minutes and figured out... i should never regret what i do., while also knowing this is me living my life, this is exactly what i should be doing as a 21 year old.

as long as i am careful, keep myself safe, as well as others, and know when to take responsibility for my actions...there is no issue, no reason to ever over think things.

now is the time to have fun.


No comments: